Pages

February 7, 2013

I'm in the Wrong Century

Before you say anything, let me explain! This is NOT my prom dress and NOT something that I'd normally wear and show to everyone. I mean it. I'm one of those people who'd laugh if I saw someone wearing such a dress, but I must be completely honest and tell you why I wore it. One of our lovely neighbours, who is a French lady, gave me this dress as a Graduation Present and of course I couldn't turn it down. I wanted to try it on because I never even saw a dress like this in real life (it even has matching gloves for Heaven's Sake) and as soon as I did, I felt MAGICAL. I felt like I'm one of those princesses that I grew up with, as if I was from a completely different era and time, probably like a couple of decades ago? Although I wouldn't go public with this dress, it was really amazing to feel that sentimental touch while wearing this dress.

I'm going to my dad's place tomorrow, I haven't touched any of my homework and I feel procrastination settling down in my body. My break will be over on Monday, just as I was getting used to it. Anyways, what do you guys think about the dress? And more importantly, how are you?


20 comments:

  1. nice dress!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress is actually really pretty! and i love the pic of you sitting down.
    xx

    ps: i've had to delete my old blog you were following because of blogger problems. wld appreciate if you could pls follow new blog(link below) via GFC so we can stay connected. i'm still following yr blog via GFC.

    http://ethnikrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    #kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruva! Of course I'll follow your new blog :)

      Delete
  3. Omg I love it , you look amazing
    You remember American western films ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I wouldnt wear it in public either but Its really a cool dress to have, just for fun and Halloween is near(not really but you get the point:D) and your pics get better and better, especially love the third one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah Ada, this is cool for Halloween or any particular Costume Party, but for Graduation, just NO! Thank you so much <33

      Delete
  5. omg you're so beautiful !!! I'm following you now ♥
    would you be interested in winning a blog presentation?
    Just stop by here: http://www.strangeness-and-charms.com/2013/02/win-blogpresentation.html

    x
    dahi ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dahi, you're so kind!

      Delete
  6. It really does look like something a princess would wear ^^ lovely dress, such a shame it would be rather awkward to wear outside nowadays.. But for some occasions and for a lot of dreamy photos it's perfect :D

    you are really beautiful!

    I just found your blog and you seem really interesting and nice as a person :) also, your style is utterly amazing! - your new follower - :)

    check us out too? it would really mean a lot to see what do you think! :)

    http://dreaming-youth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for this lovely comment! I'll check your blog right away :) xx

      Delete
  7. çok güzel bir elbise, ben eski stil olan elbislere bayılıyorum :) o dönemlerde yasamak isterdim sırf bu traz giyineyim diye =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kesinlikle öyle! Elbiseleri olsun, yaşadıkları yerler, saçları, her şey mükemmelmiş. Fakat şu an bu kılıkla dışarı çıksam nasıl tepki alacağımı tahmin edersiniz... :)

      Delete

I'm thankful for any criticism, comment or any form of words which will help me to improve, so shoot me!