Pages

February 28, 2014

I Told You to Be Patient, And I Told You to Be Fine, And I Told You to Be Balanced, And I Told You to Be Kind


I can't believe it's the end of the first week of my second semester already, and I'm so proud of myself that I didn't skip school for five days in a row, that's something I didn't do in the previous semester, trust me. I really like my Psychology class, and I believe our teacher plays a big role for that matter, but my other classes seems to be too crowded for me to enjoy, I like to have warmer environments you know.
I want to write about another lecture that took place yesterday. We were discussing whether or not a person has a limit as to when listening to others, and I strongly believe so, and many thought the same as I do. We're all learning to be a psychologist, to really get into a person's mind and try to "heal" them, but how can you possibly understand a guy who rapes a duck? That happened in Turkey a couple of years ago, and we keep hearing about these guys raping sheep and stuff. Try imagining to listen out the ones who rape actual people, how could you even stand to hear when they'd tell you that it's okay because the victim was asking for it? I just don't know. I do really try to hear every story in a situation, but I doubt that I'll ever listen to those who play against a human's right, who are inhuman. But of course, that's just me.

İkinci dönemin ilk haftasının şimdiden sonuna geldiğimize inanamıyorum, ama kendimle gerçekten gurur duyuyorum çünkü ilk defa beş gün aralıksız üniversiteye gittim, ilk dönem bunu yapmadığıma emin olabilirsiniz. Psikoloji sınıfımı gerçekten çok sevdim ve öğretmenimizin bunda önemli bir payı olduğunu düşünüyorum, fakat diğer sınıflarım benim için fazla kalabalık, ben daha sıcak ortamları severim.
Dün, bir parçası olduğum psikoloji dersindeki bir tartışmayı anlatmak istiyorum. Bir insanı dinlerken limitlerin olup olmadığından bahsediyorduk ve bence kesinlikle var, bir çok insan da bana katıldı. Hepimiz birer Psikolog olmak için eğitim görüyoruz, bir insanın düşüncelerini anlayıp, onu "tedavi" edebilmek için, fakat ördeğe tecavüz eden bir adamı nasıl anlayabilirsiniz ki? Bu olay Türkiye'de yakın bir geçmişte oldu, koyunlara tecavüz eden insanları duymaktan da gına geldi buna ek olarak. Gerçek insanlara tecavüz edenleri dinlediğinizi hayal edin, kurbanın hak ettiğini size söylediğinde, bir tecavüzcüye nasıl katlanabilirsiniz ki? Gerçekten bilemiyorum. Bir olaydaki tüm perspektifleri değerlendirmeyi yeğlerim ama insan haklarına aykırı davrananları dinleyebileceğime ihtimal veremiyorum. Ama tabii, bu benim görüşüm.


Beanie from Marks & Spencer
Red Shirt from Forever New
Flower Crop Sweater from Mango
Black Faux Leather Skirt from Chicwish (click)
Boots are Thrifted 
Photos by: Efe GÜLER
Keep on smiling,
Gülümsemeye devam edin,
Eda GÜLER

8 comments:

  1. You look amazing! <3 Love the shoes you are wearing and how you mixed the red color to this outfit♥

    http://allaboutjoann.blogspot.com/

    -JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this kind comment JoAnn, I'm so glad you like this outfit! :)

      Delete
  2. No, I would never understand people who are doing those crazy things and I don't want even know the reason of doing that. In every situation there are always different sides of the same coin, for sure. At the same time each of us have their own points of view and life visions, so there are such things which are not possible to justify. Looks like you have interesting lectures at the university, it's really great!
    I also like your outfit, that cute beret matches your red lipstick so nicely, looks sophisticated! You definitely have an amazing sense of style)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think those people can be cured, you know, because they're really sick in their minds, they might be able to cope with these drives but the drives will be with them no matter what… And what you say is indeed accurate, even as I'm writing this, I'm writing from my own perspective and some other person might be easily communicative with these such people.
      I really love the lectures as well! :) Thank you so much for your kind and wise words!

      Delete
  3. Love this look, you look absolutely amazing

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm thankful for any criticism, comment or any form of words which will help me to improve, so shoot me!