Pages

August 27, 2014

I love how spontaneous your life can change directions. Like the other day, my sister who's living in America came to Istanbul for a week; and tomorrow we're going to Cunda for a little family trip. When people ask me whether I have a sibling or not, I usually say that I have a little brother; when in fact I've got my sister, whom I've met seven years ago, too. The thing is, she's from my dad's first marriage and for some reason, things like this are kept in closets in our society, so I rather not explain the situation to strangers. Even though the fact that I have a sister wasn't something that I knew when I was little, we got along pretty well; she's one of the liveliest person I have in my life, and I'm so glad that we share blood.
I ment to do an all-white look and decided that this top will be great for the occasion. I love how the colour white represents purity when the slogan on the shirt is stating the total opposite. Gotta love juxtapositions!
WRITTEN SHIRT, PULL & BEAR
WHITE PANTS, BERSHKA
SCARF USED AS BELT, H&M
CHUNKY BOOTS, CHICWISH


Keep on smiling,
Eda G




Hayatın inanılmaz spontane bir şekilde yön değiştirmesine bayılıyorum. Mesela, geçen hafta Amerika'da yaşayan ablamın İstanbul'a gelmesi ve yarın Cunda'da minik bir aile tatili yapmaya gideceğimiz gibi. İnsanlar bana kardeşimin olup olmadığını sorduğumda genellikle onlara küçük erkek kardeşimden bahsederim; ki işin doğrusu yedi sene önce tanıştığım bir ablamın daha olduğu. Olay şu ki, ablam babamın ilk evliliğinden ve bazı nedenlerden ötürü bu gibi şeyler toplumumuzda pek açık bir dille konuşulan şeyler olmadığından ötürü, ben de bu detayı hep kendime saklamışımdır. Küçükken bir ablamın olduğunu bilmeden büyümüş olsam da; kendisiyle tanıştığımda çok iyi anlaştık, kendisi hayatımda sahip olduğum en renkli insanlardan biri, ve iyi ki onunla kan bağlantımız var.
Baştan aşağı beyaz giyerek bir kombin koymayı uzun zamandır istiyordum ve bu üstü de tam zamanında buldum diyebilirim. Beyazın saflığı temsil ettiği gerçeğinin aksine, tshirtün üstündeki slogan tam tersini iddia etmekte. Tezatlıklara bayılıyorum!

Gülümsemeye devam edin,
Eda G

12 comments:

  1. love loveee the shoes! xx

    www.mzmatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you met your sister from America, I believe she has loads to tell! This outfit is amazing - I love that quote on your shirt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does indeed, it's both pretty weird and fun! And I'm so glad that you like this Tanja! <3

      Delete
  3. So glad that you decide to open up about your family even though your society thinks it's quite a taboo. But most importantly, opening up means that you've made peace with the problem itself, and that's a great thing :)

    PS : "i'm a good girl with bad habits" aren't we all? ;) i think i'm gonna need that shirt as well

    Aini
    https://ainihapsari.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't realised this until you said "...opening up means that you've made peace with the problem...", I suppose you sort of read my mind even before I knew I had this thought. On the second hand, I suppose making peace with this is my only solution when the situation is about my family, but yeah, even if it didn't I'd never imagine of making this matter a "problem" :)
      Hahah I actually saw this shirt on a friend and said the exact same thing! Thanks a lot for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Cool Style !
    Lovely Location and Pictures <3

    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm so glad you like 'em, loads of thanks!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love the white on white look. It's very classic!

    Eda

    http://www.luxeandlinen.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that, thanks namy(??)! :)

      Delete
  6. Hey :) I was nominated you for the Liebster Award ! Please check out for more Information: http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/2014/08/best-blog-award-2.html

    Have a nice day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks a lot Rabea for this, I'm honoured!

      Delete

I'm thankful for any criticism, comment or any form of words which will help me to improve, so shoot me!