December 17, 2021

still here | ciao '21

 


No, this is not me coming back, I hardly ever miss blogging anymore. I am just fond of looking back and reminisce, thus this post. When hours don't seem to pass, another year is coming to an end, and safe to say that this year has been transformative. I am still learning to be an adult, whatever that means; and man, transitioning is brutal. Life is changing constantly, and me? I'm doing fine, I'm stronger than ever, and I'm making it on my own. At least I try, and at the end of the day, that's what matters. We'll get there. We will.


Covid sucks. And this is me who is saying this. The girl that never thinks twice

and rather stays at home and does nothing, now complains. It's weird really, but 

I, and probably you do too, had enough of this shit show. Here in The Netherlands, 

especially, people are so stupid and the government measures are a joke. But at the

same time, slowing down and introspection has been great. So there is your silver-

lining, if you will. I just wish there was a balance, and I have enough of these rules.


But what about life? A LOT has happened. It's so much that I don't even

know where to start. Okay, so in January, I officially graduated. And let

me say this for once and for all, I'm never going back to school again. I

have always hated the institutionalized education to begin with, but Vrije

has been something else. The teachers? I'd preferred robots. Thesis process?

What a waste of time. Honestly. Don't study at Vrije, you have been warned.



Until February, I was back in Istanbul. Amsterdam can be too much
sometimes. I miss my family and friends constantly here, although
Amsterdam feels more and more like my home now. Anyway, one
day when I was minding my business as usual, I got a call from one
of the gazillion places I applied for an internship, and in a couple of
days, I was already hired. Man, what a ride it has been. Flash forward
to 9 months, and I have a full time job in the same company, with
the best team. All of the fuckers back in Istanbul and the shitty jobs
I had to do finally pays up. Couldn't be happier and prouder of myself.


In May, I said goodbye to the student accommodation in Lelyland
that has been my home for the last 1.5 years, and moved to De Pijp
with my boyfriend. Adulting, hello! In hindsight, I don't think it
was the best decision ever, and we still struggle a lot, but it's been
a ride to say the least. I'm paying rent, with my own money, for the
first time in my life, it's so sad but it's also very fulfilling. Anyway.


July. My birthday. The worst birthday I had until now.
I'll leave it at that, 'cause life goes on. The week before,
I went to Brussels to see my best friend for a couple of
days, so I guess overall, the month could be a lot worse.


In August, I went to Normandy with two of my friends.
Some parts were super nice, but some were overrated.
I'm not even going to write about the French people, or
the dreadful weather that welcomed us when we were
there. But still, it was nice to get to travel again after a
while. I spent a week in Istanbul in September after that.


And now we are in December. In the mean time,
I finished 32 books this year, and still counting.
Went back to yoga and working out, keeping my
body moving and my mind calm. Got a promotion,
made some more travel plans for 2022, journaled
somewhat religiously and most importantly, I 
learned a lot. 

So if you don't hear from me until 2022, know
that you matter. And may the next year be filled
with whatever you are hoping for. 

be kind to yourself,
eda
 ams

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?