January 25, 2018

2501 | Resolutions for 2018


It's almost the end of the first month of 2018; and I'm back on Blogspot, my roots, the very first place where I felt like I could open up and let the online world know glimpses of my life. With my blog on Wordpress gone, I've decided to have a fresh start here, as a) I'm incredible lazy to figure out what the hell happened to my domain on Wordpress, and b) even opening up Blogspot after four years of abandonment felt like coming home. I've grown, I've matured, I've transformed, I've bettered myself.


I'm absolutely terrible with resolutions, but I do one each year regardless. So here's my list for 2018:

  1. graduate! this should be on the top of the list as in less than six months, i'll be done with school, not for good probably, but for at least a couple of years to come.
  2. writing a book. I've been meaning to write a book for a while now, I have a solid idea on how I want to write it, what to include; I just have to start writing, I know it'll grow from there.
  3. exercise. I'm the type of person that has a love and hate relationship when it comes to exercising. I honestly hate to exercise but love to brag about it, haha. All things aside, my health has never been better since I've started working out somewhat on a regular basis for the past couple of months, and I'm so freaking proud of myself. My plan for the moment is to exercise minimum 3 times/week.
  4. live more. My entire life, I've always been a stuck up in the past, worrying and causing myself trouble. This gradually started to change in last July, where I accidentally came across with a life-changing book; where I started to take control over my life for the better. This year, I want to make every single moment count, cherish it with the people I love; do the things that bring me joy, force myself to be better, more genuine and more peaceful.
  5. travel more. This actually connects with my previous point, and I had to add this one just because I haven't left my hometown in the past year. I already have two really exciting plans for the next couple of months, but I really want to explore the world this year.
  6. start a youtube channel. This has been on my mind for so long, and I do own a channel actually. I feel like I can really be active on youtube and even grow an audience at one point, who knows, I bet I'd be fun.

So, here's to you, you beautiful souls out there and to 2018! May this year bring all your dreams come true and challenge you to become the best version of yourself.
PS: you can check my dead WordPress by simply clicking here.

See you soon,
EG.


2018'in ilk ayının neredeyse sonuna gelmişken ben, özüme, hayatımın minik kesitlerini ilk defa online bir platformda ifade etmemi sağlayan Blogspot'a (geri) döndüm. Wordpress'teki bloguma ulaşamazken burada yeni bir başlangıç yapmak istedim çünkü a) Wordpress'teki domainime ne olduğunu bulamayacak kadar üşengeç biriyim ve b) 4 sene sonra ilk defa Blogspot'a girmek, evime gelmişim hissi verdi bana. Büyüdüm. Olgunlaştım. Değiştim. Evrimleştim.

Yeni Yıl Hedefleri belirlemekte ve bunları gerçekleştirmekte korkunç biriyim, ama her sene istinasız hedef belirlemekten de kendimi alamıyorum. 2018 listem ise şöyle:

  1. mezun olmak! bu listemin başında gelmeli çünkü 6 aydan daha kısa bir zaman sonra, birkaç seneliğine bile olsa okul hayatımı noktalıyor olacağım. 
  2. kitap yazmak. uzun süredir kendi kitabımı yazmak istiyorum, kafamda içeriği ve nasıl yazacağım hakkında fikirler var, sadece başlamam gerekiyor, gerisi kendiliğinden gelecektir.
  3. spor. sporla kesinlikle bir aşk-nefret ilişkimiz var. spor yapmaktan gerçekten hiç hoşlanmıyorum ama "spor yapıyorum" diye hava atmak çok komik oluyor bazen, haha. Öte yandan, düzenli olarak (yani neredeyse) spor yapmaya başladığımdan beri sağlığım hiç olmadığı kadar iyi ve kendimle bunun için gurur duyuyorum. Şimdilik planım haftada minimum 3 kez antreman yapmak.
  4. dolu dolu yaşamak. hayatım boyunca hep geçmişe mıhlanmış biri oldum, kendi kafamda yarattığım realitelere mahkum ettim kendimi. Bu durum geçen Temmuz, hayatımı değiştirdiğini inandığım bir kitap sayesinde yavaş yavaş değişmeye başladı, hayatımın kontrolünü elime almaya başladım diyebilirim. Bu seneyi, her anımı yaşamaya değer, sevdiğim insanlarla, beni mutlu eden şeyleri yaparak, beni daha iyi biri olmaya zorlayacak, ama sonunda daha huzurlu ve mutlu biri yapacak şeylerle geçirmek istiyorum.
  5. seyahat etmek. bu madde aslında üsttekiyle paralel gidiyor, bunu eklemek zorundaydım çünkü geçen sene İstanbul'dan hiç ayrılmadım. Önümüzdeki 3 ay için şimdiden birkaç heyecan verici planım olsa da, senenin geri kalanında da olabildiğince seyahat etmek ve dünyanın farklı köşelerinde anılar biriktirmek istiyorum.
  6. youtube kanalı oluşturmak. bu çok uzun bir süredir aklımda olan bir şeydi açıkçası, ve aslında kendi kanalım zaten var. Bu sene daha aktif olmayı istiyorum bu platformda, daha fazla insana ulaşabilmeyi ve hayatımı paylaşmayı istiyorum, bilmiyorum, eğlenceli olabilir.

Bu post, 2018 ve siz güzel kalpli insanlara gelsin, umarım bu seneden beklediğiniz her şeyi fazlasıyla alırsınız ve olabileceğiniz en iyi siz olursunuz.
Not: Ölmüş Wordpress'ime buraya tıklayarak ulaşabilirsiniz.

Yakında görüşmek üzere,
EG.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to follow you on YouTube! So go for it, girl! :) Welcome back and I cannot wait to see more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

thoughts?