October 7, 2019

Moodboard: October

  Happy first Monday of the new month! I was supposed to be crammed up on studying, but oh well, here I am, procrastinating as usual. The real Northern Europe weather has taken its toll on me for the last couple of days, school projects are almost over, and I have 2 exams coming up. On the bright side, one of my close friends is coming here in 3 days and a week later, my best friend will be in town. Below are my last endeavours, recommendations and self-notes. ps: I feel like posting new content every 2 weeks from now on.

➀ First things first, I have to mention that A'dam is a freaking paradise when it comes to live shows, concerts and events. I had a ticket for Hozier a month ago and got sick at the exact day so I couldn't go, but I'm looking forward to other artists that are coming here very soon. On my list are Cigarettes After Sex and Halsey; and Green Day in spring. I'm already broke but I'll definitely go to more concerts soon.

 It's so crazy that the night life scene is never ending, and I come from Istanbul where the city never sleeps. I still think it's way more livelier back home, but the events here are just top notch, and I'm not even an event junkie like my friends here. We were at this shitty club last Friday to celebrate a friends birthday, and let me paint you a picture: imagine men in tuxedos dancing to Britney's Baby One More Time and then the smoke machines do their things and you have to go out for a breather. This was my third time at a club, my first being at the Shelter, and man, even though I hate house music, I loved it there. 

➂ So as I've already mentioned, our close friend is coming here within a few days for a couple of days, and then my best friend will come here for almost a week. It's sad that the weather will be shitty, but I can't wait to show them around, my new home, my neighborhood, my new friends.

 As soon as I have some money, I'm thinking about getting a new keyboard as I miss playing the piano very much. It's funny because I feel so zen whenever I hear a piano melody and imagine playing it in my mind, my fingers mimicking the movements. 

➄ On Wednesday, my new couch will arrive. I know it's so random to write here but I feel like a grown-up, ordering new furniture to my 25 m2 studio, picking up linings and bed sheets and everything. Oh man, what am I becoming?



















Be kind to yourself,
Eda x
 amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?