June 1, 2020

II

One last week of struggling against resits, one last month of writing my thesis. Two more weeks in the Netherlands, then going back home. To my friends and family. To summer. Escaping life for just a little while, while I can, because god knows that I'm exhausted. Coming to the Netherlands didn't turn out the way I planned, drained my energy and changed me in a way I didn't see coming. But I'll take my time to re-build myself, like I always do. I hope you are staying safe and sound. I leave you with a midnight flow session.
Life doesn't stop for anyone.
Maybe yours does, just for a brief moment. Perhaps
until you realize that you are not as important, like
you are not a significant part of something, like you're
not a piece that makes a puzzle whole. All your struggles,
your heartbreaks, the miseries, the failures don't weigh
up to anything. I think once we face the music, then and 
there we can start to live. That realization is perhaps the 
first meaningful breath you ever take. Only then you start 
being free, break away from the society, any rule that has 
been set, any restrictions that may inhibit your desires. 
And you truly be your beautiful self.
Maybe this here is the meaning hidden between the lines.
Maybe then you can face your demons and have the ultimate
victory against the battles you put yourself into, every day.
Maybe then you open up to see that when the hours don't
seem to pass, your life is floating by,
Maybe only then you discover your worth in this crazy life,
maybe now you'll hold the pen and write your raw, beautiful,
and fragile story. You'll grasp the ones you love, do things that
exhilarate your soul, and you'll never look back. You can now
fight against all odds, against your own mind and finally make
your dream life become a reality; with your soul free, your mind
in peace, your existence adding up to all that is rest.
Maybe one day...

ordered my first-ever vinyls
started playing Nuvole Bianche
finished reading Excellent Sheep (4/5),
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (5/5)
And the Mountains Echoed (4/5)
The Name of the Wind (1/5)
& started Brainfluence
practiced more yoga
got drunk from rakı 
& danced with my friends


Stay safe & be kind to yourself,
Eda
 ams

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?